The idiom “Blue-eyed boy” refers to someone who is favored or preferred by someone in power or authority. In English, this phrase has a positive connotation as being the one who receives special treatment or receives more attention than others. It is often used to describe someone who is a favorite or has an advantage over others.
अंग्रेज़ी में “Blue-eyed boy” उस व्यक्ति को संदर्भित करता है जिसे किसी शक्ति या अधिकार के धन्यवाद के रूप में पसंद या प्राथमिकता दी जाती है। हिंदी में, यह वाक्य किसी को बताने के लिए इस्तेमाल किया जाता है जो दोस्त या उससे अधिक महत्वपूर्ण होता है।
What is “Blue-eyed boy”?
“Blue-eyed boy” is an idiom that refers to someone who is favored or preferred by someone in power or authority. This person tends to receive more attention or special treatment than others and may have an advantage over them.
Usage of “Blue-eyed boy”?
“Blue-eyed boy” is often used to describe someone who is a favorite or has an advantage over others due to their relationship with someone in power or authority. This person may receive special treatment, promotions or other perks, which can cause jealousy among others who feel they are not getting the same opportunities.
Examples of “Blue-eyed boy” in a sentence in English and Its meaning in Hindi:
- “He may not be the most qualified for the job, but he’s definitely the boss’s blue-eyed boy.” (वह काम के लिए सबसे ज्यादा योग्य नहीं है, लेकिन वह निश्चित रूप से बॉस का फेवरेट है।)
- “She’s always been the blue-eyed girl in her family.” (वह हमेशा अपने परिवार की फेवरेट रही है। )
- “The coach’s son is the blue-eyed boy of the team.” (कोच का बेटा टीम का फेवरेट है।)
- “He’s always been the blue-eyed boy of the company, so of course he got promoted.” (वह कंपनी का सर्वश्रेष्ठ कर्मचारी रहा है, इसलिए उसे पदोन्नति मिली।)
- “Sarah is the manager’s blue-eyed girl, so she gets all the best assignments.” (सारा व्यवस्थापक की पसंदीदा लड़की है, इसलिए उसको सभी सर्वश्रेष्ठ काम दिए जाते हैं।)
How to Respond to “Blue-eyed boy”?
If someone refers to you as the “blue-eyed boy,” you can respond in a number of ways, depending on the context. If you are indeed favored or have an advantage over others, you might say thank you and acknowledge the responsibility that comes with this role. If you feel that the term is being used unfairly, you might express your discomfort or disappointment in a diplomatic way.
Translating “Blue-eyed boy” into Hindi
In Hindi, the idiom “Blue-eyed boy” does not translate directly. However, a similar phrase that can be used to convey the same idea is “पसंदीदा लड़का/लड़की” (Pasandeeda Ladka/Ladki), which means “favorite boy/girl.”
हिंदी में, “Blue-eyed boy” जैसे मुहावरा का कोई सीधा अनुवाद नहीं है। हालांकि, एक ऐसा समान वाक्य जो उसी विचार को व्यक्त करता है वह है “पसंदीदा लड़का/लड़की” (Pasandeeda Ladka/Ladki), जिसका अर्थ होता है “पसंदीदा लड़का/लड़की।”